How to Install Radiator Pipe Rose Covers
Radiator pipe roses are also known as pipe covers or pipe ferrules.
- They are circular in design.
- They are designed to hide the cut in your wood flooring made when you go around radiator pipes.
- There are two main types, Solid pipe covers and paper pipe covers.
Radiator pipe rose covers come in solid wood, laminate and plastic and are also available in a variety of colours including oak, walnut, maple, cherry and merbau.
Solid pipe roses
Solid pipe covers are fitted with solid wood floors.
These are made from solid wood and normally come in two halves that either have dowels to fix them together or they have a joint in them that the two pieces slot together. (like a puzzle piece)
The most common species are oak, merbau and American black walnut.
Solid wood pipe roses are supplied with a jigsaw like split across the pipe rose, allowing you to separate the two halfs and then click back together around the pipe creating a seamless joint.
- TIP - If you can’t get matching pipe covers for your floor because it is not a standard colour then get unfinished oak and stain the pipe covers with a colour that is close to the floor colour.
Plastic pipe roses
Plastic pipe roses are supplied with a jigsaw like split across the pipe rose, allowing you to separate the two halfs and then click back together around the pipe creating a seamless joint.
Paper or laminate pipe roses
Paper pipe covers are fitted with laminate floors.
These are made from foils which are like paper but are much thicker and tougher. They have a peel off adhesive backing and a cut in the radius so they can be easily fitted around the radiator pipe.
They come in a variety of designs and colours to match your laminate flooring.
At Floorsave we carry over 20 designs to match our laminate flooring.
- TIP - When purchasing paper pipe roses, make sure that you get the pipe roses the same colour as your door threshold bars. At Floorsave we have pipe covers and door bars that match our laminates in stock all of the time.